Friday, April 18, 2008

Well, we are officially insane..

Why? Becuase we are having a 3rd kid! AHHHHHhhh. That's right, I am pregnant. 11 1/2 weeks. My official due date Nov. 4th, but since I have to have a c-section, the baby will be here the end of October. It sounded like a good idea to have 3 kids, but the moment I took the test, I have been mostly terrified. I try not to focus on the idea that we are going to have a 3 1/2 year old, 22 month old and a newborn or the fact that by the time I am done nursing this one, I will have been nursing, pregnant, or both (without a break) for about 5 1/2 years.

We told Macy yesterday and I don't think she fully understands but she seems happy. I am been feeling good, although there were a couple weeks at the beginning that I felt awlful. The doctor says everything looks good and I have had an ultrasound and got to hear the heartbeat. I had great pregnancies with Macy and Charlie, so please pray that we have a healthy pregnancy and baby this time around as well.

We are excited, mostly terrified, but we are excited!

16 comments:

suzspeaks said...

Congratulations!!!!

Paul said...

I thought you wanted to have 7 at point? :-)

Congratulations!

Kim said...

Welcome to the "officially insane" club! We're so happy for you!!!

Leslie said...

Wow, I'm glad I checked your blog! Congrats!! I will be praying for you--and yes you are insane! :) I always wanted to have several kids, but now I think that by the time I start to have kids, and then I don't want them too close together for the insanity factor, I may only end up with a couple. Keep me updated!!

Alisha said...

Oops, I published before I finished writing. :) As I was saying...

Congratulations. My sisters and I are about the same ages apart and I really like having siblings so close in age. I hope the pregnancy continues to go well!

Ryan and Katie said...

Congratulations!! Don't freak out now...you'll have plenty of time to do that after the baby is born :)

Theresa said...

Congratulations!!! (It's Theresa from a looooong time ago, Stage 13 days.) I'm so happy for you!

Andrea said...

Congratulations!!!!

anne ledbetter said...

KATIE!!!! Oh my gosh, we are SO excited about another McDowell baby :) Congratulations!!! We will certainly keep you in our prayers...glad you are feeling good! Oh, I wish we lived closer!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! I'm thrilled for you. I totally say GIRL! Please let me know if you need anything.

Micah and Tara Hobbs said...

We are so happy for you guys!! We will learn from your so called "insanity" and wait for #3.

Summer said...

Congratulations. I too, am terrified and excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Katie - We are so happy for you guys! If anyone can handle it, you can! Love you all - sherry

Elaine said...

Fantastic! I'm so happy for you! You're fantastic parents!

Melanie said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Lisa said...

Congrats!! Yeah..when you posted about a week ago with your news, I was dying to say something then, but was waiting for our 12 week check-up. It will be fun to be pregnant together! :o) Hope all goes well for both of us!