Thursday, September 23, 2010

Field Trip: Arboretum

I have mentioned before that we are apart of a local christian homeschool support group. I get emails every week, if not every day, about fun field trips we can sign up for. And one thing that I really like is that the whole family is welcome! On Tuesday, the kids and I went to the Dallas Arboretum with our group. We have never been there and it is a beautiful place to walk around.

During the Fall they have pumpkins EVERYWHERE throughout the arboretum. Also they have a pumpkin village with houses made out of pumpkins.

Charlie is sitting inside a pumpkin house in this one. This picture kind of remind me of an old school picture where the kids are looking off in the distance smiling (minus the melon of course).The arboretum is definitely the place to go to take pictures. We saw 4 brides getting their bridal pictures done, and a few other photo shoots going on as well. I had it in my head that I would get a great shot of all three. But this was the best I was getting: So I gave up and let them get their faces painted.


They really did have pumpkins everywhere, even floating in some of the water features, which the kids thought was neat.
There was a village set up with cabins and a tee pee and a wagon for the kids to explore.
Emma spent most of the day enjoying the view from right here: Near the end of our day, Spider man started to melt:
It was a fun field trip! It is a great place to take the kids and hopefully we will go back there soon.

8 comments:

ginny said...

Wow! We've never been in the fall! It is gorgeous in the springtime though. We had family pics taken there a couple years ago. Great pictures. It makes me want to take my older 2 out of school for our own field trip one day :)

Lori said...

I LOVE the Dallas Arboretum. We're members so we go all the time. It looks like you guys had a great time. I love that spiderman melted by the end of the day. Too cute.

Shannon said...

i love all of these pictures, maybe we have a place like that here in stl. That looks like a lot of fun!

Ted and Anne said...

Great pictures...as usual!! :) Love the painted faces!

Elaine said...

I love Spider Man melting. Charlie played so hard! I'll have to look up the Dallas arboretum. There's some great ideas we can use here at our local botanical gardens.

Leslie said...

Hi Katie! Maybe I'm finally back into the blogging realm. :) What kind of camera are you using these days? I want to buy a nice DSLR before we go to New Zealand this Christmas. Oh, and I finally updated our blog and recapped the past 14 months. hahah

Leslie said...

By the way, your kids are adorable and getting so big!

Leslie said...

Katieeeeee,
It's time to update YOUR blog now!! :) I have updated mine...so come on back now so we can keep up with each other.

Love ya!