Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Our Nutritious Dinner Tonight...

I picked up the Sneaky Chef cookbook from the library this week and did a lot of pureeing today. Tonight, I fixed chicken fried chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans and a biscuit. It is my usual recipe, but to the chicken, the puree that I added was a broccoli, peas, and spinach puree along with wheat germ and to the potatoes, cauliflower and zucchini. Turned out pretty good! The puree wasn't detectable in the potatoes, but in the chicken you could see a tiny bit of green from the broccoli, but couldn't taste it. I added 1/4 cup of puree to the chicken and potatoes, so it isn't a huge amount, but I know it is more than what we normally eat and every little bit adds up. I would recommend trying it!

1 comment:

Summer said...

that looks awesome. I have already added Jessica Seinfield's cookbook to my christmas list.